There are many wonderful boutiques, art galleries and jewelry stores in Puerto Vallarta. One of the most popular areas of Puerto Vallarta is Olas Altas street, a charming tourist area that runs parallel to Los Muertos beach featuring sidewalk cafés, coffee shops, internet centers, book stores, beauty salons/spas and resort clothing boutiques.
Two areas of town in particular that are great for shopping are Basilio Badillo near Los Muertos beach, and the downtown Malecon area, near the main plaza.
At the corner of Basilio Basilio and I.L. Vallarta are several fabulous shops next door to each other. Be sure to check:
- La Sirena- unique clothing and jewelry boutique
- La Ponciana- great selection of Mexican artesanias, textiles and pottery
- Serafina- fun Mexican handbags, including tooled leather purses, textiles and gifts,
- Cassandra Shaw Jewelry-quality semi precious jewelry
- Myskovia – resort swimwear
Downtown/Main Plaza/Malecon area
Queribines-great selection of Mexican artesanias, textiles and pottery, downtown on Juarez street. Suneson Jewelry, Daniel Espinosa Jewelry and Casa del Tequila-3 nice stores conveniently situated next door to each other on Morelos street.
Plaza Neptuno – shopping center at the entrance to Marina Vallarta with specializing in home décor and design, furniture and fabrics, be sure to check Arte Primitivo and Nomada for fabulous imported furnishings.
Puerto Vallarta is a very cultural town and boasts an amazing amount of art galleries with many important artists. From Nov-April the galleries located downtown host cocktail parties and art openings called “Art Walk”, held every Wednesday evening, all located within a 4 block radius. A few we recommend visiting are:
- Galeria Pacifico-Aldama street
- Galeria Uno-Morelos street, one of the first art galleries to discover famed international artist Alejandro Colunga.
- Galeria Arte Latino Americano- J. Ortiz Domínguez street, representing popular artist Martha Gilbert.
- Galeria des Artistes, Galeria Omar Alonso and Corsica Gallery– Leona Vicario street has become a true art scene boasting 4-5 galleries in one block; look for the street that dead ends at the Café des Artistes restaurant castle tower.
- Galeria Dante – extensive collection of paintings and sculpture with inner courtyard and fountains, located on Basilio Badillo near the Romantic Zone in Viejo Vallarta
Bandera’s Bay Trading Company
Lazaro Cardenas 263 Tel: 223-4352 A gallery of antique and contemporary home décor featuring primitive collectibles and other decorative objects.
Elements of Design
I.L. Vallarta Home decor and interior design
David Luna Designs
V. Carranza, south side near Señor Frogs Fabulous furnishings and decor
Lucy’s Cucu Cabana:
Basilio Badillo and Constitution near the Pancake house. A unique collection of indigenous crafts based on an animal theme. Lucy’s husband Gill Givens is the author of 3 very funny books full of insight about the life of an expatriate in PVR.
South side near the Medasist Hospital – home decor and interior design Mundo de Cristal – Basilio Badillo and Insurgentes, hand blown Mexican glass
Mundo de Cristal
Basilio Badillo and Insurgentes, hand blown Mexican glass
Jewelry and Clothing
No Name Boutique Malecon 222-1320 – Men´s cotton resort wear and mexican style guayaberas.
Mar de Sueños Basilio Badillo 277 222-7362 – La Perla lingerie and swimwear
<pLa Piedra Basilio Badillo 216 223-2242 – Large selection of beads and natural stones for making jewelry
Galería June Rosen López: Francisco Rodrigues 200 Tel 222-5049 Cell 322-728-1561 Unique handcrafted designs one of kind pieces. Please call for an apt. [email protected]
Boutique d’Paola: 2 locations in town Agustín Rodríguez 289 Basilio Badillo 258 Mexican designer clothing for women, jewelry and home decor. Best selection of Pewter in town.