Mango Season It is prime Mango Season in Puerto Vallarta, in May & June. If you have never tasted a fresh ripe Mango you are missing an amazing taste experience, the Mango has a unique flavor almost sensual and is one the world’s most popular fruit. The Mango is also very good for you with lots of Vitamin C & A as well as fiber. If you are lucky enough to live somewhere tropical with an abundance of Mangos they are great just cut fresh and savored, they also make a great salsa for Seafood or Chicken, Agua Fresca, frozen in a Paleta, ice cream and of course Mango Margaritas are a personal favorite made with a spicey chile powder. Puerto Vallarta has Mango Trees growing in many of the parks and along streets – so you will see young boys climbing up or throwing rocks to get the ripe mangos to fall. The sell them on the beach and in the Plaza on a stick cut into beautiful petal like slices so you can eat them without making a mess and being covered in Mango juice.
See below the great information I found under the Fun Facts about Mangos on the Mango website – I especially like the one that a basket of Mangos is considered a gesture of friendship in India
By the way my version of Mango Salsa is just regular Salsa without any chile and add cubed fresh mangos.
Mango Fun Facts
• Mangos are one of the most popular fruit in the World
• Mangos were first grown in India over 5,000 years ago
• Mango seeds traveled with humans from Asia to the Middle East, East Africa and South America beginning around 300 or 400 A.D.
• The paisley pattern, developed in India, is based on the shape of a mango
• A basket of mangos is considered a gesture of friendship in India
• Legend says that Buddha meditated under the cool shade of a mango tree
• Mangos are related to cashews and pistachios
• A mango tree can grow as tall as 100 feet
• The bark, leaves, skin and pit of the mango have been used in folk remedies for centuries
• A one-cup serving of mangos is 100 calories
• Mangos provide 100% of your daily vitamin C, 35% of your daily vitamin A and 12% of your daily fiber
– The Villa experience, is completely different then a resort or hotel experience. When you rent a private luxury vacation villa, you do not stand in line to check in, instead a charming staff meet you at the door with cold scented towels and a bottle of cold water. They carry your luggage and serve fresh margaritas, with guacamole, salsa and chips as a welcome snack from the owner. When you stay In a vacation rental villa it is a more personal intimate experience and a more authentic experience where the staff greet you by name each morning and know what you like in your coffee, and are happy to who you how to make Chilre Relleno, so your experience is more what it would be like to live in Puerto Vallarta. Renting vacation villas is becoming more popular all over the world. In Puerto Vallarta we feel the experience is made unique by the staff, who personalize the service to your preferences. As the chef for a cooking lesson, learn the names of the flowers in the garden from the charming houseman.
If you have never rented a private vacation villa before you will never want to stay in a hotel again. A luxury villa with staff offers all the service of a hotel with privacy, if you want music there is music, if you want to eat breakfast in your pajamas it is your house. For more information about renting a luxury villa or private home or assistance planning your vacation or next getaway or Mexican holiday please contact us at Beston Properties , we offer the finest Luxury Villa Vacation Rental Accommodations in the Puerto Vallarta and Punta Mita area. We are one of the few luxury villa rental and vacation accomodations agencies actually located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We offer personal concierge service and or selection of private rental homes and Condos offer a full range of services and luxury amenities from a full staff including chef and a concierge to organize any tours, spa services in the home or Car Rental. We have offices located in Puerto Vallarta and have all the local information from Vallarta weather and maps. All of their agents are personally familiar with each of the accommodations, amenities and staff to help you find the best rental property in Puerto Vallarta. Our concierge services will be happy to give you information on the best restaurants for dining out in Puerto Vallarta we can make reservations and give you directions. We have all the most current information to guide you for your holiday in Puerto Vallarta from our daily weather report to maps and directions… The concierge from Beston Properties is happy to arrange activities from Golfing, to zip lines and boat cruises with any tour company including Vallarta Adventures, one of the most popular companies in Banderas Bay. We represent the best quality of homes for rent by owners who care about your comfort and hope you return for many years of unforgettable Mexican holidays. For more information check out our luxury accommodations.
Many travelers have never considered a private home for vacation accomodations, but the popularity is increasing and experts say it is at 10% of the potential for vacation rentals and growing fast. If you have never considered the advantages for the experience, quality of accomodations and value you should consider the option. Puerto Vallarta has become a very popular destination in Mexico and is attracting more American investors from Starbucks Coffee opening a 3RD location in the historic Downtown, 5h in the area, to Bill Gates investing 320 million US dollars in the Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, just a short drive from Puerto Vallarta. Check out the website VisitPuertoVallarta to seem some amazing photos of this magical vacation destination
- Villa Search
- Villa Experience
- Area Info