With one low cost based on 7% of the cost of a condo rental you will get:
Full Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance, including full refunds for the cost of a condo rental if you have to cancel.
Travel Insurance including: Flight Insurance, including lost baggage, flight delay, flight cancellation.
Medical Insurance on your trip including medical expenses incurred while traveling; includes emergency dental treatment.
Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains Includes evacuation and transportation to the nearest adequate medical facility (or home in the event of death or if medically required)
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Covers for loss of life or limb within 180 days of an accident on your trip.
Car Rental Collision Coverage: Covers damage due to collision, vandalism, theft, windstorm, fire, hail or flood.
Q. Why should I purchase travel insurance for my vacation?
A. You’ve saved, you’ve waited, and now you´re all set to travel. Preparing for your trip includes covering yourself for unfortunate occurrences that threaten to interfere with even your best-laid plans. By purchasing travel insurance, you can insure yourself for covered cancellation penalties, medical costs, as well as gain access to a wide range of traveler’s assistance services.Did you know that insurance plan could cover you if:
Q. What are the coverages?
- Someone in your family has an illness or injury, even if they aren´t scheduled to travel with you
- You become ill and canát travel or your child comes down with the chicken pox and you are quarantined
- You or a traveling companion loses their job and they´ve been with their employer for at least one year
- Weather prevents you from leaving home and reaching your destination
- A family member back home passes away and you must return from your vacation early
- Your luggage or sports equipment is lost or delayed by the airline
- You twist your ankle and must visit a physician while traveling
- Many other unforeseeable events as listed in the Description of Coverage
- Trip Cost – Trip Cancellation & Interruption (covers trip costs up to $100,000) Per Booking Coverage: Covers your trip investment if you must cancel or interrupt your trip for covered reasons such as sickness, injury or death to you, traveling companion, family member, business partner or service animal; inclement weather; mechanical break down of a common carrier, being subpoenaed or required to serve on jury duty, being called into active military service or having leave revoked or being reassigned, involuntary termination or layoff of employment or if your principal residence or destination is made uninhabitable.
- $600 – Trip Delay ($200 per day)Per Person Coverage Reimburses for the purchase of essential items (i.e. meals, hotels, etc.) if delayed for 12 or because of a carrier caused delay, lost/stolen passport, travel documents or money, quarantine disaster, injury or sickness of the insured or a traveling companion.
- $1,000 – Baggage Delay ($200 per day)Per Person Coverage If your baggage is delayed for more than 12 hours, you will be reimbursed for the purchase of essential items (i.e. clothing, toiletries, etc.)$1,000 Baggage, Sportsman Equipment and Personal Effects Per Person Coverage Reimburses you if your baggage is lost, stolen, or damaged while on your trip.
- $25,000 – Medical Expense ($1,000 Dental)Per Person Coverage Covers emergency medical expenses incurred while traveling; includes emergency dental treatment.$500,000 – Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains Per Person Coverage Covers evacuation and transportation to the nearest adequate medical facility (or home in the event of death or if medically required) as well as a medical escort if deemed necessary.
The following non-insurance services are included and provided:
Q. Are the benefits listed per insured or per booking?
- Travel Medical Assistance
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- LiveTravel® Emergency Assistance
- Detailed Pre-Trip Travel Advisories
- Concierge Services
- Identity Theft (Not available to NY residents)
- Pet Return Service
- Vehicle Return Service
- $100 Roadside Assistance (per car)*Assistance includes: Towing, flat tire, lock-out and battery assistance as well as oil, fluid & water delivery service
- *Roadside Assistance service provided by Coach-net Services Inc.
A. The benefits for Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption are the total per booking. For example insured purchased travel insurance coverage for a trip costing a total of $2,000, this would be the reimbursement allowable under trip cancellation or interruption for that booking. All other cover person with the exception of the Car Rental Collision Coverage which is per car coverage.
Q. Will my current homeowners, renters, credit card, or health insurance policies cover my trip?
A. Other insurance policies may not offer coverage while you travel due to benefit limits, territory restrictions, and deductibles. Most people don’t have any insurance coverage at all if they must cancel their trip. This insurance plan has a wide range of travel benefits; which credit card, homeowners, and renter´s insurance policies may not offer. The medical coverage included in this insurance plan is vital for most people whose health insurance policies do not pay for covered medical expenses incurred outside of the United States (e.g., Medicare, certain HMOás, etc.) This coverage in this plan is primary.
Q. I know that I have a pre-existing medical condition; will the plan cover me?
A. Even if you have a medical condition that has been unstable in the last 60 days, you should still consider enrolling in this insurance plan because you can waive the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion by enrolling in the plan and paying for it within 21 days of your initial deposit. So long as you are medically able to travel at time of purchase, waiving the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion is the easiest way to alleviate doubt as to coverage for chronic medical conditions. There are some conditions that are not covered by the policy such as anxiety- related mental or nervous disorders. Please see the Exclusions section of the Description of Coverage to view these coverages.
Q. One of the reasons listed under trip cancellation is �Sickness, Injury or death of an Insured, Family Member, Traveling Companion, Service Animal or Business Partner�. What is the definition of a Family Member, Business Partner and Service Animal?
A. The family member definition means the Insured´s or Traveling Companion´s spouse, Domestic Partner, Child, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, brother, sister, mother, father, grandparents, grandchild, step-child, step- brother, step-sister, step-parents, parents-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, legal guardian, foster child, ward, or legal ward. The Business Partner definition means a person who: (1) is involved with the Insured or the Insured´s Traveling Companion in a legal partnership; and (2) is actively involved in the daily management of the business. The Service Animal definition means any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including, but not limited to, guiding persons with impaired vision, alerting persons with impaired hearing to intruders or sounds, providing animal protection or rescue work, pulling a wheelchair, or fetching dropped items.
Q. Given the current economy, what if my spouse loses his/her job?
A. The Travel Plan includes trip cancellation/interruption coverage due to involuntary termination or layoff which occurs more than 14 days after an Insured´s effective date of coverage. Only one year of employment with the same employer is required. If you or one of your traveling companions loses their job through no fault of their own and need to cancel or interrupt their trip, this plan can provide reimbursement of non-refundable pre-paid travel expenses.
Q. What if I need transportation due to medical reasons and I am unable to get prior authorization?
A. We always instruct our insureds to contact local medical services during an emergency for immediate medical attention, or evacuation if necessary, and then notify the insurance company as soon as is reasonably possible. Payment arrangements for your evacuation will depend on the nature of your evacuation will depend on the nature of your particular situation and should be discussed with Insurance company.
Q: Will my vacation be covered if I cancel due to a hurricane?
A: You will have coverage if the property that you are staying at is inaccessible or uninhabitable within 30 days after the named hurricane causes the damage.
Q. Is there help while I’m traveling?
A. One of the valued benefits offered in this insurance plan is the 24-Hour Emergency Assistance Service. You have access to the services of a highly trained, multi-lingual staff around the clock to assist you with such emergencies as cash transfers, lost documents, medical or legal monitoring, and referrals. They are also equipped to respond in many unexpected circumstances. If an emergency should arise during your trip, call Insurance company immediately and give the details of your problem or medical emergency.
Q. When is the latest the insurance can be purchased?
A. The coverage can be purchased up until the final trip payment is made or 30 days prior to arrival, whichever comes first. If a booking is made within 30 days of the scheduled arrival date, the guest can purchase the insurance the day of the booking only.]]>